Semi – Detached House – Semi- Detached homes are characterized by the fact that the house will share a common wall with one neighbour. These type of homes usually have a private backyard and driveway. However, access to the backyard will be limited to one side of the house. These type of homes are typically found in more densely populated neighbourhoods.
– You can decide when and how much is spent on maintenance.
– You own the land and typically have a reasonably sized backyard
– Generally, there is no one to tell you what you can or cannot do to the outside or inside of your home.
– As the owner you are responsible for all of the maintenance and upkeep that is required for the home. This includes, but is not limited to, mowing the lawn, shovelling the driveway, replacement of windows, furnaces, air conditioners, roof etc.
– For some maintenance decisions (i.e. Roof) you may need to discuss with your neighbour
– Even though the shared wall will most likely be well insulated, you may hear some noise coming from your neighbouring side.